Last Updated: March 16, 2020
Our business is located in the United States. Our online privacy practices are governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Florida. By using any of the Online Services, you understand and agree that any information you submit or is gathered about you will be transmitted to, stored in, and subject to the laws of the State of Florida.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Use or Sharing of Non-Personal Information
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Online Advertising
- Social Networking And Third-Party Sites
- California Residents
- Nevada Residents
- Retention of Information
- Managing Your Account Information And Communications Preferences
- Changes and Updates
Neo is not an insurance company. It introduces users to insurance and related products offered by third parties. It also refers users to licensed independent insurance agents. Neo collects different types of information to provide these Online Services that identify you or relate to you as an individual (“Personal Information”) including:
Information We Collect from Your Use of Our Online Services. We collect Personal Information about you and the devices you use to access the Online Services as described below:
- Service Data. Information about your interactions with the Online Services, such as the pages or other content you view, and other actions you perform while using the Online Services.
- Device & Log Information. Information about your device, including your Device ID, IP address, hardware model, operating system and version, device name, mobile application usage data, and aggregated information such as “click stream” information which means entry and exit points (including referring URLs or domains), traffic statistics, page views, and impressions, all of which are collected automatically
- Geolocation Information. The location of your device.
Information You Provide to Us. When you submit information in order to find out about health insurance product options, connect with an insurance agent, or enroll in health insurance products through the Online Services, we may ask you to provide these categories of Personal Information:
- User Information. Information you provide about yourself to access our Online Services, including your name, date of birth, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and username and password (for account administration).
- Demographic information. Should you choose to submit, we may also collect information about your employment, demographics, interests, preferences and location.
- Financial Information. In order to assure order and payment processing, we may collect information related to your financial accounts, payment card information, billing information, and other payment information.
- Health Information. We may collect or receive certain health-related information about you from time to time. In some instances, you may provide that information directly, such as when you fill out a form or send us a message. In other instances, you may provide this information to an insurance agent who may store or upload the information in our platform.
- Self-Reported Information. Additional Personal Information you may provide about yourself in forms, survey responses, participation in contests, promotions, suggestions for improvements, referrals, reviews, submissions or any other actions performed on the Online Services.
- To Provide You with the Online Services. We will use your Personal Information to process orders, manage your account and your purchase and use of insurance products.
- To Communicate with You. We will use your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums.
- Connecting you with an insurance agent. If you submit your information in conjunction with a request for more information about available insurance options, we will use that information to connect you with an appropriate insurance agent.
- Marketing. We may also send you communications about offers from Neo and our affiliated companies. We may also use your Personal Information to market to you, create and deliver personalized promotions based on your purchases and other interactions with us, and develop marketing materials. You may opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in a marketing email.
- For Research and Development. We utilize your Personal Information to improve our Online Services, analyze usage and interests, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to operate and expand our business activities.
- To Enforce our Terms and Agreements and Prevent Misuse. To maintain a safe, secure, and trusted environment for you when you use the Online Services, we use your Personal Information to make sure our terms, policies, and agreements with you and any third parties are enforced. We actively monitor, investigate, prevent, mitigate, and report fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities on our Online Services for your protection. We are required to process your Personal Information for this purpose to provide our Online Services.
- To Comply with Applicable Laws. To verify your identity; comply with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process; fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Online Services; contact you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance with our Online Services.
Except as set forth below, we will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of Neo, our contracted, independent insurance agents and agencies, or our affiliated companies.
When you submit your contact information to Neo, we share your Personal Information with relevant insurance agents and/or agencies. The insurance agents may independently contact you regarding insurance products and will use and process your information in order to enroll, manage, and communicate with you regarding insurance products. We may also share your information for the following purposes:
- To Provide Our Services To You. We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as payment processing, website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services necessary to the Online Services and services you request.
- Corporate Transactions or Events. We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Compliance with Law. We may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated companies; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Neo or others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
Non-personal information may be used for any purpose not prohibited by law. For example, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all information that does not identify an individual (or that has been modified to remove individual identification).
- What Are Cookies?
Neo and its agents use small text files called cookies, and other website tracking technology similar to Cookies such as pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIF files (collectively, “Cookies”). Cookies are small pieces of data that we and our agents place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences and your online activity. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- Types of Cookies
Each cookie performs one or more of the following functions:
- Essential Cookies: These first party cookies allow you to use a feature of the Online Services, such as to stay logged in or make purchase.
- Analytics Cookies: These can be first party or third-party cookies. Such cookies track information about how the Online Services are used so Neo can make improvements and report on our performance. Neo may also use such cookies to test new ads or features.
- Preference Cookies: These first party cookies store your Online Services preferences.
- Ad Targeting Cookies: These third-party cookies (also called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising) are placed by advertising platforms or networks to deliver ads and track performance or to deliver ads based upon your activities.
Your Control of Cookies
Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please understand, however, if you disable Cookies, some features of the Online Services may not work as well (or at all) for you.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information shared, the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates with which information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following mailing address: ATTN: Neo Insurance Solutions, 141 NE 3rd Ave STE 601, Miami, FL, 33132. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
b. Do Not Track Signals
Neo does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Nevada law entitles you to request that we refrain from sale of your personal information to other entities, for purposes of resale. We do not engage in such sales of personal information.
The Online Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have obtained any personal information about a child under age 18, we will delete that information.
We strive to use reasonable safeguards to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through the Online Services. However, no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft might not occur.
Following termination or deactivation of any user account you may create, unless you request that your information be deleted by contacting us, we may retain your information for back-up, archival, legal and audit purposes, and to reactivate your account upon your request. In addition, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information contained in your communications to other users of the Online Services posted to public or semi-public areas of the Online Services after termination or deactivation of your user account.
To update or correct your account information – or if you would like to stop receiving marketing communications from us via email or other methods – you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, send a letter to us at Neo Insurance Solutions Neo Insurance Solutions, 141 NE 3rd Ave STE 601, Miami, FL, 33132.